Planning to sell in 2017?
Getting in the real estate market at the beginning of the year is beneficial for several reasons.
Here are six reasons why it’s best to list early in 2017.
- Urgency. Between company transfers and low interest rates, there are plenty of reasons why people need to get into a home quickly. Winter buyers looking in January and February have a sense of urgency. They make offers.
- Inventory. Low inventory means little competition, therefore your home will show more.
- Price Points. First time home buyers are currently saving and making preparations to buy. Those potential buyers may have a tax return, that could be used as a down payment.
- New Administration. Based on pure speculation… Many people worry that the new Republican reforms could force buyers into paying larger down payments. If you also speculate this, then it makes sense to sell your home now.
- Rates. According to lenders, interest rates are taking a turn and could possibly go as high as 8%. Buyers now can lock in a 4% rate… so why wait?
- Spring. Luckily in Northwest Arkansas we get to enjoy all four seasons. Warmer weather brings out buyers, and that season tends to come early here.
Are you ready to list? Our experienced and professional agents would love to assist you during the process. Give us a call at (479) 756-2722 – we are your neighborhood specialists!